Monday, November 30, 2009

Keeping up in Hilton Head

We're tripping this week and I thought I'd tell about it, giving both highlights and lowlights:
1. We spent 8 hours in Dallas/Fort Worth airport waiting for a connecting flight.
2. We're still speaking to each other.
3. We had an Italian dinner which was lovely but served by the waiter Nazi, as in the Soup Nazi from Seinfeld. We left stuffed and laughing so all is well.
4. I went to aquafit this morning and had a good time, felt very self-satisfied getting exercise with all the good eating we're doing. Met a nice woman--we were the youngest two, I think--and look forward to Wednesday morning.
5. Shopping on Saturday and Sunday--good deals the day after Black Friday.
6. Koret of California is closing at the end of December so now there are none of my favorite stores left here in Hilton Head. :-(
7. Internet access is awesome here--I even got online with my laptop and don't have to use my husband's. :-)
8. Meeting some teacher friends tomorrow for lunch. :-)
9. Christmas shopping for our family here is great and great fun.
10. Went to a margarita/salsa meet and greet and talked to some nice folks from Texas. He worked at a bank and told an amusing story of having to get the safety deposit vault open one day.
11. My husband gets up very early and does much of his office work before I'm even awake--I need a lot more sleep than he does. By mid afternoon he is ready to roam and we do, wherever, whenever and however. Fun.

No comments: