Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Impulsive Actions

Today I am thinking about following impulses and what might be the results of doing that. We are mostly programmed to follow the rules, do what we're told, and take the road most traveled. But what might be the results of listening to our inner voices?

Well I know my inner voice sometimes tells me to eat fattening things and I have no trouble listening to that! I can step out of my plan quite easily and eat a few Neilsen's rosebuds or a chocolate chip yogurt cone. That circulating e-mail about the 80-year-old woman who orders dessert every time she eats out really resonates with me. I mean, what if this was my last day and I passed on something really scrumptious, like Belgian truffles?

If I can have that attitude towards food, the question arises, why not toward exciting and interesting things to do in my life? So for today I am going to dream and dream and then go one step further--let those dreams seep into real life. I'm going to listen to my impulses and read them like a roadmap. They will be like my Tom-Tom lady's voice telling me the next turn and recalculating when I make a mistake or go down the wrong road. Oh, wait a minute. There is no wrong road. She just redirects me. For today that's what my inner voice will do. Oops, she's calling me to get up and leave my computer......

No comments: