Monday, October 04, 2010

Banff Blowout


My last two weeks have been nothing short of fabulous. My husband and I were in Banff, Alberta for four days, Canmore for three days and then home before heading to Leamington, Ontario for two more days. And it was all good. Then this morning, I walked from our home in the northernmost part of this city all the way to the Quality Hotel on the south near the 401. It took me one hour and fifteen minutes. All of that time was energizing so that I'm now pumped enough to carry on for the rest of the day. To start with here are some pictures from Alberta:

Monday morning we got up to a few inches of snow on the ground at the Banff Centre and a lot more on the surrounding mountains. The building to the left held my husband's conference sessions.

This is the reception area of the building where we stayed. I loved the trees all around, the mountains keeping watch, and the lovely baskets whose flowers were valiantly hanging on even through the overnight snow.

A parking lot with cars is not so special but these yellows are the look of fall in the Rockies. Later in the week we saw many more all through the mountains.

And here I couldn't help but think about juxtaposing this view with the sign 'Inspiring Creativity'.

Come Thursday morning the conference was over and we packed up to head for Lake Louise. I mean, you can't go to Banff without going to Lake Louise and although we had been there a few times before we welcomed the chance to see the lake at the end of September. She did not disappoint. Blue-green glass topped with wisps of cloud met us. I couldn't resist this shot of a Japanese tourist searching her bag for something--probably a camera.


We hiked off to the right of this picture on our quest for the glacier in the distance which feeds this pristine jewel.

No comments: