Saturday, March 19, 2011

Opening Doors at the Soccer Pitch


On February first of this year I started walking regularly at our new soccer facility. While I was in Mexico experiencing Montezuma's Revenge, my husband signed up for a four-month walking pass at the soccer club near us. Well, it seemed funny to me to pay for somewhere to walk--what's wrong with outside?--but I figured I'd try it out.

Since then we have walked every day but three, even mall walking in Victoria when the streets were thick with ice. We have spurred each other through those 'don't feel like it' times and the results are surprising.

We have more energy. We are excited to start our day and accomplish much more than normal.

My writing is flourishing, my husband's various projects are getting done. I am making lists and actually crossing things off. And all due to regular, stress regular, exercise.

Here is a picture of the excellent track where we walk.


And there is almost always something interesting going on below. Soccer games using the full space, soccer-by-age using smaller fields, regular football where people have rented out the space and even rugby games.

The track is always clean, well-marked and airy as huge machines seem to exchange the air constantly. No problem of lack of ventilation chasing us walkers out.

Finally, designers put windows upstairs so that when we are walking we can see the bright sunny day, the lovely homes nearby, the purple and green playground equipment edging the outdoor soccer fields. I really look forward to my walk every day; in fact, I think it's time right now. Care to join?





No comments: