Saturday, September 08, 2007

Fun in Victoria

Standing by the harbour in downtown Victoria I noticed the wonderful waterplay surrounding this basket of flowers. I wish I had tried a few more shots as I'm not entirely happy with the setup of this but I include it anyway because of the reflections.

We took a little trip to Sydney a few miles north of Victoria and my camera worked hard again. This little village is a retiree's paradise with lots of condos, shops, boats, and water, water everywhere.

This is the flower bed at the end of Sidney's main street just before you reach the water and the kayak/canoe rental place. Spectacular.

We went to see the Dragon Boat races in Victoria harbour and while out on the water ourselves I snapped this picture. Kind of cute, eh?

Tomorrow is my last day for Victoria shots. After that I have some wonderful ones from our trip around my home county today. See you!

3 comments:

The Quacks of Life said...

there is a sydney in Victoria in Canada? For a moment i thought you had gone to Australia!

nice pics btw

Elaine Cougler Author said...

Yes, there is a little Sydney near Victoria on Vancouver Island. Seems the forefathers were often short on imagination or just plain homesidk, doesn't it?

freefalling said...

Yeah - I find it really weird knowing somewhere on the other side of the world are alternate realities of Sydney and Victoria!!!

I don't believe we have a Banff, however!