Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Sun and Fog

This morning we opened our blinds to foggy daylight--hoarfrost, my husband said--and I thought of my camera snug in my purse as I drove him to work. We passed a wonderful old cemetary on the way and I noticed the games the sun was playing as it burned off the mist.


This is one time my automatic photo enhancing buttons on my software ruined the effect rather than improving it. I loved the pink glow lighting the icy frosting on the branches.

When I turned away from the east I got sharp and clear shots and the stark black of the trees cut through the soft snowy ice on the branches.

This is the first picture I took with the sun barely skimming the horizon.

And, yet again, I turned to the glorious trees standing strong and still watching over the graves below.

Everyone is having challenges trying to keep the snow plowed for access these days, such a snowy winter we've been having, and the cemetary is no exception. The banks are high and the parking area is substantially reduced with all the piles of white stuff. We are all having to be a little forgiving as the streets have snow piled out into the right lane making four-lane traffic almost impossible. I loved the tree below with its icy crust.

Back in our condo development I took this shot of the sun trying to get to me, so eerie.

And, finally, just to remember the sky a few days ago, here are the same trees just down the street from us. They are bare and frisky in the winter sun, waving at the passing clouds. Under that brilliant blue I felt the same way!

Sunday I had quite a time trying to get my pictures uploaded and after the third try gave up, so I have some more to display another day. See you then!

2 comments:

Mo said...

Beautiful, stunning!

Elaine Cougler Author said...

Thanks, Mo. Did you see my post last week about my novel? I'm pretty excited.