Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Walking In My Neighbourhood

This winter has been unusual for all the snow which we've had and for how long it has stayed--since December! On one of my neighbourhood walks I found this johnny-on-the-spot which proves we're living in a new area. The 'convenience' is right beside a traffic circle and that's an empty lot behind it, probably to be built on this summer. This blue blot on the landscape brings a whole new meaning to 'freezing your butt off'!

Just down our street is a man-made lake, frozen in this picture and hard to see, but it is a lovely spot none-the-less.

Here is our end condo unit the highest elevation on the block allowing us to overlook the small park opposite our front window.

Below I've tried to get a sweeping view opposite the front gate to our condos but I really only managed a glorious winter blue sky and glistening white snow. If you look closely you can see a green flag or two at the gates, flags which have been sorely buffeted about in the wild winds we've had a few times this winter.


I finished my walk approaching our condo from another angle. This end unit is ours with its back deck and trees suffering through winter.


So what do these pictures have in common? Three things, actually. They are all of our condo, there are piles of snow in every one, and--perhaps best of all--the sky is that welcoming, heart-warming colour of blue that is so well offset by snow. I love it! And you won't hear me complaining too much about winter, only about mild, rainy or overcast days. Never about days like I've captured above. Talk about a breath of fresh air!

No comments: