Monday, April 07, 2008

The Upside of Flying and Other Things

This wonderful display met us at the luxurious upscale Calgary airport and he was not alone. Throughout the concourse and shops areas there are unique sculptures and wonderful brag-about-Alberta dioramas. You have to have something to do while you wait three and a half hours for your connection!


This wild mustang sculpture was so real I was reluctant to stop in front of these horses long enough to take a picture.


On one of our walks last week we discovered a new golf course emerging from the ice and snow. We could just barely make out new greens covered for the winter amidst little hills and strategically planted evergreens. My husband is ecstatic and talk of golf carting across the road to play amped up our wish-it was-spring talk.

I caught this tree spreading its branches against the blue as I hiked over the burgeoning subdivisions near the golf course.


Another spectacular view met me as I opened the window blind to let the sun in about a half hour outside of Calgary on our return trip from Victoria. We were flying low! The rugged strength of the mountains took my breath away.

From Calgary's airport I watched the mountains and the Calgary downtown side by side on the horizon.

And, not to forget our first taste of spring in Victoria as we made our way home to snow, snow, snow, I'm including this fresh glimpse up on Mount Douglas, one of our new favorite places to go.

I've been looking for artwork for our bedroom in our new condo and it strikes me I ought to look for some of my own photos, worth enlarging, and display them. Mmmm. Now that's an upper!

2 comments:

KGMom said...

Those displays adorn the luggage carousels? Most intimidating--do people actually collect their bags? If they don't the hippo eats them!

Mo said...

I'd love to see the Rockies. Great views.