Monday, April 21, 2008

Meanderings and Musings

Sky Pics:

On one of my walks last week I was excited to see the shape of the new golf course, its rolling beauty finally appearing after months of snow. And I couldn't resist another angle with this patch of blue beckoning above.


Heading back towards home I revelled in the widening blue above and hoped for a good shot of the beautiful street where I live.

I know, it's the same street a little closer to home; in fact, our condo is in the distance in this shot. Do you see how green the grass is getting?

And this barren wasteland lies across the road where earth moving machines have turned the landscape to tundra till the new houses pop up one by one.

Pretty Things:

I wanted to show Beth how pretty the salt and pepper she gave me look in the condo. I was saving them for 'good' but decided to use my good stuff more often. We've had many china/sterling silver dinners with friends since moving in here.

I was looking for a fruit bowl to put out and found this one last weekend at Don Zver Pottery in Troy, Ontario. We had a crazy trip there taking wrong turns everywhere, racing a train as the track ran beside the back road we somehow got onto, and watching the clock tick down till closing time at the pottery shop. We expected to get there and find it closed. It was not and we were not disappointed, finding four different bowls we liked very much. Good things.


Oh, that salt and pepper just kept running all over the house!

Kinda Funny:

And here again is a picture from my walk where I thought the building didn't live up to the sign in the foreground. Does this mean the old building is the future home of the recreation complex for this upscale neighbourhood?


I hope not! We cannot however decide why the developers have left this old building here when they tore down all the rest of the former Ontario Hospital buildings. Hmmm.

Our walks have been very exciting as well as healthful since we moved here and we delight in finding interesting new places to explore. We found an old rail trail yesterday but I had left my camera at home. Ah well, next time.

1 comment:

sonia a. mascaro said...

Great sky pictures!