Friday, September 19, 2008

Beadergirl is Back

Today I am inspired to write on my blog again. Why? Look at the bracelet I just completed this afternoon!


Here are a few things from the last few weeks, a beaded chain necklace, one with a Swarovski pendant, a dragonfly focal point, another Swarovski pendant necklace and a hemalyke choker. The possibilities are endless.


I got the idea to try some other medallions for neck jewelry using all Swarovski crystals. They are stunning. I think I'll use the chain stitch from the pic above to finish them off.


I also have fallen in love with the butterfly bracelets, a course I took last year. Here I've made them in black, blue, pink and beige, all fabulous.


Of course you noticed the other bracelets in the two pics. It is such fun to use memory wire and use up leftover beads, letting my imagination go wild. My friend taught me the bottom stitch in pink and black. It is somewhat heavy and I think I'll have to redo the clasp as I'm not happy with it yet.

All of these will be on sale along with hundreds more at our Christmas Open House sale on November 8. Should be fun!

1 comment:

Mary said...

Your work is lovely. There is someone on my blogroll who loves beading, also. Susan Gets Native is a raptor educator but spend her fun free time making bead jewelry. She sent me a bracelet last spring. I love it.

Real art, Elaine!