Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Three Best Things

I just read Beth's TBT post and thought I'd grab the idea for myself. So cool that Chelsea is singing! Three weeks till I see her again.

Yesterday we went for our walk about 4:30, before the daylight disappeared, catching spots of wintry sunlight. Chilly it was and I felt my legs freeze for most of the walk but I was elated to be getting in some exercise. When we moved here last year the same walk took us almost 40 minutes. Yesterday we did it in 25! And I didn't even seem to be breathing heavy. My body is a lean(er), mean (no!) walking machine.

In the evening we were faced with the same old television quandary--nothing we wanted to watch. I sat and scrolled down the menu until I got to the 70's or 80's and finally Commander-in-Chief jumped out. We loved that show when it premiered a couple of years ago. Geena Davis is awesome as the President of the United States and Donald Sutherland (Canadian--whee!) is a fully drawn villain as Secretary of State. We had an interesting hour before bed. Amazingly we didn't remember this segment.

But I haven't told you about the morning's pleasure which lasted me the whole day. I weighed in at another .8 pounds less than the week before. And that was after three challenging events last weekend. I was very happy and today the euphoria, resolve and drive to reach my goal still lingers. There is nothing that feeds my soul more than succeeding at something I've set out to do. And losing this pesky twenty-five pounds again is a prime target just now. I'm over half weigh (ha ha ha) now so must keep on track.

No comments: