Saturday, March 28, 2009

St. Thomas, The Virgin Islands

We woke up Sunday morning to a steady ship and knew that we had docked at St. Thomas. All those shops were out there just waiting for us, with their free enticements to get us in the door. Ron and I left the ship midmorning and taxied to the delightful shopping district. Shops were brightly painted and looked well-to-do, a tribute to all those shoppers who had come before us.

We found this delightful alley and headed in.

Of course there were jewelry shops opening onto it as well.

Ron got a little tired and left me to shop while he found a sitdown place. Don't you just love his jaunty hat? Here is where I found him four hours later. No! I'm kidding! I wish I could afford to shop in all those gem stores for that long but it's not so much fun just looking.
Finally we found the back side of the shops and the bay around which we would wind back to the ship. A lovely first day!

No comments: