Friday, January 14, 2011

Four Girls

I have three sisters about whom I've written before in this blog. Today I was skimming pictures on my computer and came across this one taken last October at a wedding. We try to get our picture taken together at every event we can.

With the youngest, Donna, being an actor/musician, getting together is less often than we'd all like. She was in Regina for almost three months on her last gig and I missed her.

Linda--she's not sleeping, honest!--is also a musician and performs when she can take time out from her private teaching. She is also in love with their sons, their farm and their horses.

Joyce is closest to my age but still much younger although I always introduce her as my older sister. She is a nurse and the mother of four, with the youngest now in Grade Ten.

And that leaves me, the oldest and best, I tell them. My greatest success in my life is my two children but I am also happy to have been a teacher of French, English and Computers over my high school teaching career. And equally happy to be finished with that, retired and writing my historical novel.

We are all happily married and in love with life. I celebrate my times with my sisters, each of whom I can always count on. How lucky am I!

No comments: