Monday, January 03, 2011

Post Christmas Blues?

No way! I have post Christmas reds and yellows and oranges. Reds because red is such a vibrant meaningful colour. It never takes a back seat. All the other colours have to go with red. It just doesn't give an inch, does it?

And yellow because every day the sun streaks into my window and I have to tone it down with my blinds or I can't see my computer screen. Yet on grey days I really miss my yellow friend. I struggle to keep my spirits up.

Orange in January? Well, this is the season of Florida oranges and we buy a box every few weeks for my husband to make fresh-squeezed orange juice in the mornings. The succulent drip of juice floating by my taste buds on its way to my stomach is a winter delight I love every year at this time.

I don't write out resolutions, because I've lived long enough to know how disappointing their non-accomplishment is. Better to just set little goals, happy goals, goals which are joyful to complete. Then, if there are some less interesting or exciting things I have to do, they just get done without a lot of fanfare. Of course today I am really proud of getting back to my writing after a Christmas away celebrating (and slacking off.)

And I am glad I took these pictures of the tiny toy bench we gave Ben for Christmas because the decals lasted about one day. Now they are all gone, his parents tell us. Oh, well. Here is what it looked like when we gave it to him.



I made tiny mittens for both my grandchildren but think I got more out of it than they did. The story book I wrote for them was better received and Grandpa and I had such fun taking the pictures and puttting them into the software. I should have ordered a copy for myself as I ordered two and gave one to Ben and one to Chelsea. Nevertheless, here is the cover.


The story is about our big bear which both of our grandchildren love and our search to find it. I think that was my most favorite gift to give this year, although I surprised Ron with a couple of neat things.

So the final word is, I have no post Christmas Blues. The new year is looking bright and sunny.

No comments: