Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Crafty Christmas Cards


Here is the picture I used for my wonderful new crafty Christmas card this year. One day last week--and only one!--it snowed, and I raced out at noon to take a picture. The sun was shining but lots of the snow was still left. I loved the blue sky in the background.

From my digital camera's memory card inserted into my printer port, I transferred the picture to my computer, and Microsoft Publisher's card template simplified the process of putting it all together. First I printed the picture on page one of the card stock purchsed at Staples. Then I printed my personal message on the inside by running the stock through the printer again. I had to make sure I got the card stock in the printer correctly or I would have had my message upside down or on top of the picture--you get the idea.

Finally with Elmer's glue, a not-so-steady hand, and spoonfuls of clear sparkles, I glittered up the spruce and maple trees, the garage roof lines and the reindeer on the lawn. With sweeping lines of glue I outlined the driveway and dropped the glitter on top. Then I poured off what didn't stick, let the cards dry overnight and popped them in envelopes to mail.

No comments: