Monday, October 12, 2009

Bits and Pieces

Who knew that watching a wee boy play rolling ball with his grandpa would be so spell binding?

Of course we're not sure who is teaching whom but not to worry. Lots of fun for all involved.

People keep telling me they read my blog and are wanting me to post more often. Today I would like to ask for some comments and/or feedback from those people so that I know I'm not just writing in a vacuum. Even disagree with me. It's okay. Then I'll know someone is listening.

This has been a great Thanksgiving weekend for Canucks in Southern Ontario. Yesterday was sunny and sweet, just perfect for entertaining our grandson for his first Thanksgiving. Today has been relaxed and laid back. I spent some time getting familiar with our Rogers HD package, specifically in recording movies/shows for future playback. Pretty cool.

Tomorrow I'm ready to get back into eating carefully again although I didn't do too badly with the holiday. We even threw out the remains of a purchased pumpkin pie. If it's not great I'm not willing to waste the calories on it.

We talked to Beth and Chelsea and got quite a lot of information from Beth but not so much from Chelsea, although Beth says she now has about thirty words. I can hardly wait till she starts to answer me when I talk to her on the phone. Have you ever tried to talk non-stop to a toddler who is not replying? Oh, occasionally she grunts and then I grunt back to her, hoping that means something to the sweet little thing. Sure am glad they have a trip planned here in December.

Speaking of trips, we cancelled our holiday in Paris, France as we are just too busy and would have missed 4, yes four, rehearsals for Anne of Green Gables. Neither of us wanted to do that so we rescheduled our flights and hotel for stuff on this side of the ocean. Whew! Now I just have to get all my stuff memorized for our practice this Tuesday when we start the run-throughs. I'm anxious to see if I can actually do this as I haven't for years. Fun, fun.

Time to play with our Rogers thingey again. Maybe we'll get some other wonderful thing to download (upload?) and refresh our technical memory once more. Gotta love it!

4 comments:

Beth said...

I'm always listening! Just enjoying your posts in silence usually. :) Looking forward to our visit out in December. Wishing you were here today, we're having our late Thanksgiving just the 3 of us!

Sue said...

Well I like to visit your blog pretty regularly.
I like it when you share what makes you glad, sad and mad. Tales of your experiences and outings in the arts, nature, and your observations of the oddities and simple joys of your life encourage me to make more time in my life for the same.
Tales of my niece, neph and the new little greats are a bonus.
Don't stop.

Elaine Cougler Author said...

Hey, all I had to do was whine a bit to get replies! Thanks, Beth and Sue.

Sara said...

Hi Elaine,

Isn't it strange how we need to feel that there's someone 'out there' and we're being heard. I think this is a fundamental human need. I've not been blogging for ages but I feel a renewed vigour so have been revisiting my old favourites. I love reading your thoughts and your enthusiasm for life. Don't stop. We're out here!