Wednesday, October 07, 2009

I Can Turn on a Dime

My friend and I had planned to walk this morning at 7:30 until I remembered my hair appointment. We thought we'd go afterwards. I checked and my appointment was at 9:00 a.m. so our 7:30 walk was back on. I got up at 6:30 to pouring rain. My friend called and we changed to 11:00 a.m. if the rain stopped.
My sister called and asked if I could taxi her son to school at 11:40. Yes, I could as I would be back by then.
Next I was supposed to drop off my husband at our son's house on my way out of town but my hairdresser called and rescheduled for 2:00 p.m. this afternoon as the power is off there and has been since 5:00 a.m. this morning. The hydro people have no idea when it will be back on. So my husband has taken the car to our son's for his meeting and I have the morning to write and a hair appointment this afternoon. Crazy!

I am an organized person and love structure in my life. Amazingly, though, I can toss all my plans away in an instant if I see the need. Last weekend my husband and I threw out our plans to go to France next week and used the airmiles and hotel accommodations on this side of the pond in the next three or four months. We are happy to do this as we needed to be at all the rehearsals for Anne of Green Gables and would have missed four run-throughs. The thought totally freaked me, with my difficulty memorizing anything. So. We talked it over and changed our minds.

If my son calls and wants me to take a trip to London with him during the day almost always I change my day and grab the opportunity. If my husband wants to take a tour downtown for something and asks me to go, I work it out. I love to go places and talk to people, especially to those I love.

So, yes, I can turn on a dime. Carpe diem!

No comments: