Thursday, March 25, 2010

Budda Boom Budda Ching

Yesterday I went for lunch with my sister. We were a half hour late leaving (my fault) so decided to hit East Side Mario's in Woodstock instead of driving to a spot near London. As usual we had lots of laughs both together and with Michael, our favorite server. My sister had her lunch ticket completed with five initials so her lunch was free. Because the free lunch was only the smaller size, Michael brought Joyce a free salad of her choice. And he brought the loaf fresh from the oven so I munched while anticipating my own meal. Joyce finished her salad before Mike came by the table to tell us that our meals would be late as the order got lost. No problem, we were having a good time catching up together. Oh, and by the way, we would get our choice of dessert free because of the wait.
Our meals came, we ate and talked some more, our dessert came--funnel cake with cinnamon, ice cream and sauces (so yummy)--and finally our lunch wound down to getting the bill. "Keep the change," I told Michael as did Joyce with her bill. A few minutes later our server reappeared at our table accompanied by three more employees. Michael put a cash register receipt in front of me and told me I had won a trip.
"Sure, sure. You're just having fun with me," and laughed so loud the few patrons left at this late lunch time all looked over.
"No, you've won!" "It's true!" "It's no joke." The four employees chorused.
Finally I believed them. I had won a trip for two to either Mexico or Dominican Republic! My choice and so far I haven't made it.
When I got home Ron didn't believe me until I forced him to really read the bill I held in front of him. So that was my lucky day. We went right out and bought a lottery ticket.

For the list of winners check out this link: ESM contest

No comments: