Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I'm Back...and I've Got Stuff!

Today is such a wonderful day that I just have to write about it. While making a pie shell for lemon pie this morning--my guy's favorite--I put on my new CD. Susan Boyle's I Dreamed a Dream grabbed me with the first song--"Wild horses couldn't drag me away." Exactly what I was feeling. Then came "I Dreamed a Dream" which was Boyle's leap into YouTube stardom as she competed in front of Simon Cowell and the world. The words fit her exactly.

I heard "Cry Me a River", an oldie but goodie, "How Great Thou Art" (chorus only arrangement), before something I didn't know began to play. I had to look. Stopped the pie crust, washed my hands and opened the case folder to find "You'll See." After the words for each song Susan's handwritten notes give her connection with each song. Such a personal yet stunning idea for the CD. I wonder whose it was.

Susan sings on with "Daydream Believer," "Up to the Mountain," "Amazing Grace", "Who I Was Born to Be," and "Proud." All are songs for the soul and spoke to me. I barely got the pie shell out of the oven, I was so entranced. I turned the volume to loud and raced for my computer to write about Susan. The final song is "Silent Night," a unique addition to a non-holiday CD but her voice soared to perfection with this carol. I hope Susan makes many more CD's. I'll buy every one. Right now, I'm going to add this CD to my iTunes list on my desktop. Oh, and I'll be visiting MusicNotes.com to get some of the sheet music if they have it.

By the way, my own stuff is that I finally finished the novel and am now into the agent process. Susan is with me on that journey, as well.

No comments: