Thursday, June 09, 2011

I'll Never Travel Again

So here I am on the plane waiting for the boarding process to finish. My seat belt is on, I've got my water bottle---paid $4 for it!---and my husband is well into his sudoku. We're heading for St. John's and screech. Not the sound, the drink. Well, I probably won't be having that. Isn't it the one with the worm in it? Or is that tequila?




Last night was a bit of an annoyance. We got to our hotel and found we weren't registered. Seems we got our online reservations for one about 10 minutes away and, no, that hotel wouldn't cancel us. We had to shlep all our stuff back into the car and decamp.

The second hotel was a disappointment. Only one bed and the bathroom smelled that distinct odor of too many drunks relieving themselves in the stairwell of a parking garage. Fun. Well we made the best of it and at 5 this morning woke to begin the airport trek. And here we are.

Best part of the day so far? It's fog and drizzle in St. John's.




Looks like somewhere there is sun. Ah, the day brightens.


And I leave you with one thought. Maybe I will travel again.



(Oh, and I love my iPad.)

No comments: