Friday, June 17, 2011

It's Time to Call it a Day

We're packing up and putting in the final minutes before we head for the airport. We stayed in a lovely, beautifully appointed B & B last night in Deer Lake, Newfoundland.


Even the lampshades were decorated! And the extra blanket in the closet was a colour coordinated quilt so that when we put on an extra blanket in the dark of night, it still fit the decorating scheme.



The bathroom was exquisite with a whirlpool tub over which hung this filmy flowered curtain. And not too many flowers. Just enough to enrich the decor.


Brass coloured fixtures, often too much in other schemes, were a perfect contrast to the dark blue walls. Made me think of our living room in our previous house. And this place, too, was offset with clean white woodwork.


Notice the ledge effect over the doors. This shelf was big enough to put small decorations on, but there were none. Perhaps that would have been too much.

I took these pictures with my iPad2 so that I could put them in this post but when I get home I'll have a few hundred to draw on for more blog entries. Farewell, Newfoundland!

Elaine Cougler

2 comments:

SATYA LAKSHMI said...

I have gone through your blog which is so nice.

Elaine Cougler Author said...

Hi Latha
Thanks for visiting. Your seem like quite the blogger yourself. I appreciate your comment. :-)