Monday, January 12, 2009

Winter Wandering in Canada

This morning I happened to glance out my back window to see sun shining, icy snow on trees and a brilliant blue sky. I put aside my novel revision plans, my washing of clothes, my planning of meals and my bathroom cleaning and slipped my camera into my coat pocket for a photo walk around the neighbourhood. This is our back deck--you can just make out the barbecue--frosty snow icing the trees.


In front of our neighbout's house the sun sparkled on the fledgling trees turning them into fairyland jewels. I had to capture this before the sun melted the snow.

A Christmas leftover got a new coat of ice.

Ah, my favorite! This is a house up the street, beautifully designed to sit on its lot, but the trees behind are the treasure. The sun just tipped the frosty tops against the vivid blue. Can winter be any better?
Here is the same house with its neighbours from my vantage point across the street. Just couldn't get enough of those trees.

I have more pics but will save them for tomorrow. Oh, the sun's out again! Bye.

No comments: