Thursday, January 25, 2007

Scenes From Arizona

While in Arizona our hosts drove us up Mount Lemmon, just outside of Tucson, a trip of about 2 hours up including the lookout stop about half way. Like a little kid, I hopped around snapping pictures, not knowing when to stop. This one shows the beautiful big sky beyond the strong stone mountain. I felt I could see California!

Turning away from the broad expanse above I was enthralled by this natural sculpture, so much so that I had to climb up as far as I could to be a part of the scene. Hubby and I made it to the base of that teetering pillar of stone.

Golf at Tubac is a wonderful experience for hubby. This is a view looking out onto the fairway. I loved the contrasting shades of dark in the archway and the afternoon sun-drenched trees in the distance. Maybe I should have been golfing instead of shopping. Well...........

It is winter in Arizona, a state noticeable by the bare trees and some cold days, but we loved it all the same. Their winter is nothing like ours. Another scene from the golf course is positively pastoral. Who would ever guess this is the desert?

From these shots you might think Arizona is not desert but it definitely is. On other trips we have captured wonderful desert shots so this time I focused on the unusual. It is a wonderful part of the continent, so much so that we'd love to live there!

No comments: