Saturday, July 21, 2007

I've Been Beading Again!

While I absolutely love beading, I am frustrated by my lack of technical expertise with my PowerShot A540 digital camera. Please, if anyone can give me pointers on how to get clear closeups of my jewelry, let me know.

Meanwhile I'll struggle on with blurred pics. I found some memory wire in my stuff and made these five bracelets in no time. They were so much fun to do! I think my favorite is the multi-colored pearls.


Here is another pic almost the same but with the coloring changed.

These earrings are done in clear and blue Swarovski crystals.

Another, bigger version in pink and clear Swarovskis.

This set is my favorite both for the design and for the garnet colored Swarovskis.


I made another similar set using amber colored Swarovskis and brown seed beads. Awesome but the picture was too hideous to post. Love the beading. Hate the camera woes.

5 comments:

KGMom said...

Lovely earrings--can't help you with the camera, though.
Have you tried reading the manual? When all else fails. . .read the manual.

Elaine Cougler Author said...

very cute, kgmom! I guess I must be part man because I hate to read manuals although I have read this one.

Mo said...

The beadwork looks gorgeous. Now I know how you got your blog name. Your camera probably has a minumum focussing distance on the lens and you're in too close. Take the photos from a bit further back then crop them in Photoshop or MS Photoeditor.

Mary said...

Gee, Elaine, I wish I could help you with your camera. It looks like you need to use a macro function to get up close.

I love those earrings! I lean to "sparkly" jewelry, too. I don't wear bracelets since I have a wrist the size of a 6 year old girl.

Anonymous said...

I love the sparkly beads - beader girl. I think the pictures look great. Like Mo says - you probably are too close for the camera, it will say in the manual how close you an hold it.