Thursday, July 05, 2007

Bumbleberry Pie, Birdsong and Beauty

On a road less traveled, so says the website, you will find the quaint Pinecroft Green Frog Tea Room, a rustic romantic getaway where the world slows to a crawl and you can feel your cares ebb away. Near Aylmer, Ontario, Pinecroft offers a woodsy restaurant lazing away among the trees. We went last Monday for an afternoon getaway and a refreshing tea and lemonade. (Well, one of us had bumbleberry pie and ice cream, as well!)

Below is my shot from our table through the window to the beauty outside.



After sipping and supping we followed the path to the potter's workshop which path led us by the mill pond and these gorgeous lily pads. Talk about restful!


These little purple flowers--maybe potentilla?--called me to snap them as they bathed in the sunshine.

After picking our way across the dam spotted with plenteous amounts of goose droppings, we arrived at the potter's studio.

I loved the way this pic of the doorway to the Pottery Studio turned out. Sometimes planning really pays off!

This is the pond which was started in the twenties by one man and his dream. He planted all of these trees and created a calming miniature ecosystem attracting many birds and, thankfully, not so many people. We sat and listened to the birdsong for a bit.


Green algae is not a favorite of mine but I understand its 'green' significance. The pink flower seemed happy enough. I loved the beautiful way it blended into the colour palate.


As we took a different path around the tea room/gift shop I snapped this beauty. How could I resist the red flowers against the grey-white logs, all bathed in bits of sun?


This picture really points out that a little shadow makes the sunshine more special. As in life, I guess.

3 comments:

Beth said...

Nice shots here. I liked your phrase, "the pink flower seemed happy enough." :-)

Mary said...

Elaine, you really have an eye for good photos! What a great place you enjoyed. Lovely!

Elaine Cougler Author said...

Thanks, Beth and Mary! I love taking my camera with me. The shots are the icing on life's cake, don't you think? And Mary, you are the queen of great pics.