Sunday, July 01, 2007

A Free Friday Afternoon

One of my favorite places to hang out is Port Dover as I've mentioned a few times before and, happily, we had another trip to the lake this past week. We ate at Callaghan's on the beach looking out the window at this lovely view. (I don't know how they get palm trees to grow in Ontario!)

Next we took the usual walk out to the lighthouse and my husband was goofing off for the camera. He was trying to make 6'4" Gary look tall, as if he needed the help!


This is a shot from the pier looking back at the beach. You can see what a perfect day it was with beautiful blue sky and fluffy sentinel clouds.

Here is a shot overlooking the channel the boats all use to go in and out of the harbour.

I am sure my husband was wishing he had put on his sunglasses! Notice the kayaker in the background who is in most of my shots.

Here is a closeup of the kayaker. He had a perfect day to inspect the harbour from his craft.

Heading back into the harbour via the cut....


Here is another shot of a favorite spot in Dover--Willie's on the Beach. They have great burgers! And lots of tables to sit and enjoy your meal at.

4 comments:

Mo said...

Lovely photos, the ocean looks gorgeous. And all that sunshine!

Elaine Cougler Author said...

Yup! Lake Erie can be lovely although I'm not sure how clean it is. Years ago it was really filthy but is much better now.

Mary said...

I'm pouting - everyone went to the beach this weekend except for me. LOL!

You photos showed the clear air and blue skies so well! There's nothing better than the ocean breeze on a cool, sunny day.

Thanks for the getaway!

KGMom said...

Palm trees in Ontario? Do they grow year round?