Sunday, July 08, 2007

We Had Boys Here!

Early Friday morning our peace was interrupted by the arrival of my sister and three boys, 14, 13, and 9. Oh, we knew they were coming but we forgot how energetic they could be. They rode bikes, ran an errand to the grocery store for me, bought ice cream, watched tv, and teased each other endlessly. Friday night we fed them an early supper of spaghetti and meat balls and drove to Port Dover. Carl, shown below, is visiting from Quebec to improve his English but mostly to have fun. This is my favorite picture!


He posed again for this shot and his grin got me. What you see is what he is like--a real cutie!
Here Carl, Adam and 'class clown' Noah are sitting on a bench on the pier.


Back at home on Saturday morning I caught Noah clowning once again on the diving board.


Here Ron and his nephews with Carl are running for the water in a biggest splash contest.


The next shot in the sequence was supposed to be them in midair. Hmmn. Timing needs work. Finally, they bobbed back up, laughing all. The pool makes for great fun with kids. I love it.

Thanks for coming to visit, guys!

6 comments:

KGMom said...

Wonderful mid-air shot.
That is hard to do--you almost have to take the photo before they are mid-air.

Elaine Cougler Author said...

You're right, kgmom. I found out that when I push the button is when the picture actually takes, not when I hear the click. Good to know!

Mary said...

Summer fun at its best. Great photos. I use a sport mode on my camera with a fast shutter speed.

You did great!

Elaine Cougler Author said...

Thanks for the tip, Mary. I have many buttons on my camera I haven't figured out yet. I'll look for sport mode.

sonia a. mascaro said...

Sounds the boys had a wonderful time! Love all photos!

Anonymous said...

Hi Elaine - Love the pictures of the boys in the pool. Looks like you have been busy. How do you do it all??