Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Christmas Creeps In


Well, it's started. Families are planning just what shape the celebrations will take this year, some stores have put up dual displays of Hallowe'en/Thanksgiving orange along with Christmas reds and greens and my friend and I are having our Christmas Jewelry Open House and Sale. I love this time of year. So much promise, so much excitement, so much love. People take on a softer side, as they think more of others than themselves and smiles shine more readily.


I know, October is pretty early to be thinking of this but maybe my blog will be prophetic for some, adding to the global happiness. We could sure use it. Thinking of good things takes our minds away from the price of gas, the soldiers being killed in Afghanistan, the fact that my nephew is headed over there in March, the health issues many I know face...that list is endless. Best to have happy things to think on.


Beading is always a joy to me, the only down side being that I end up with way too much lovely jewelry. When my large drawer starts overflowing with beauteous baubles I know it's time to sell some. Well, a lot, actually. Last year I had a grand time inviting friends and family to my sale at rock bottom prices. This year my friend and I are pooling resources and having the sale here. (If any of you are close and want a flyer, I will email it to you upon request.) The date is November 8, from 1:00 till 4:30 at my home.


Following are some pictures of things we have for sale:




Next post I will put in pictures of some Christmas earrings, so cute you just want six pairs. In fact, I don't know how I can bear to sell them!

No comments: