Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Family Frolics

Sunday was our first ever Family Reunion, replacing our gigantic Christmas get-together where we rented a hall and had a dinner catered for over 80 people. Time for a new twist. We were all invited to my sister's farm where she and her husband raise Belgian horses and garden up a storm. The cool day was lovely although once the sun went down the group around the fire got larger and larger. Here the young and not-so-young are thrashing about picking up wrapped candy. My two remaining aunts, both in their eighties, strike a fetching pose for the photographer. Since this picnic is replacing our Christmas party, Aunt Helen wore her Christmas sweater. So much fun, she is!

Here Dan discovers the joy of holding his cousin's baby girl. He actually put her to sleep!
Steve, Jacquie and Hugo share a laugh at me trying to get a candid shot of them.

Brian and Adam try to solve the problems of the world, while in the background the picturesque barn and white fences sheltering Belgian horses provide the perfect setting.
Against the barn the last flowers of summer fight bravely on.

Steve hitched up the horses and took people on rides for a couple of hours, a novelty for young and old.
And here Linda poses with them all for the picture. She is happiest when basking in her farm's delights, especially when showing it to visitors. And rightly so.
My husband and I posed for a picture in the photo spot set up especially for the purpose. Throughout the day, many took advantage of it.
Here my nephew, Nathan, and his nephew, James, posed for me.
I stayed from two o'clock till almost 9 that night and still didn't get to have long conversations with everyone who attended but it was a wonderful day. Monday I was still glowing as I uploaded my photos to my Kodak Gallery and shared them with family. These are the best moments in time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are back blogging. I've missed it.