Wednesday, October 04, 2006

My New Jewelry Makes Me Smile

Yesterday I had a wonderful day with my best beading buddy, Donna. Together we searched out bargains at Mary Maxim and 4 Sirius Beaders in Paris, and then headed to Brantford for lunch at a cafe we had visited before, part of the Flim Flam Gift Gallery. We arrived, breathless and hungry, only to learn that the restaurant had been turned into a craft area. Our initial disappointment soon turned to glee as we discovered a very good selection of beading things, including Swarovski crystal heart-shaped pendants. Lunch had to wait awhile.

My delight in the day was intensified every time I looked at my wrist and caught a glimpse of my latest bracelet creation. (Bracelets are for the wearer because you don't see your necklace and earrings unless you're looking in a mirror!) It is based on a deep pink/bronze Czech fire-polished bead which sparkles in the light, mixed with bronze spacers, pink and gold beads with ivory pearls. I absolutely loved making it and revel in wearing it. Not for sale, this one!

After lunch we hit the mall for a half hour and found--on sale!--the short-sleeved tops I was wanting, then headed for Woodstock. After a couple of stops--beads, of course--we headed for home. We couldn't believe it was 4:00 when we arrived, the day had gone so quickly.

No comments: