Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Botanical Beach BC

Coincidentally, yesterday I saw Ocean's pictures of Botanical Beach and today I am posting mine. Beth and I ended up there on a rainy day so the shots are less than stellar but you can also check out the website I put above which has great information.

We loved this great old tree and Beth posed hunorously for my camera.


This is one of the famous tidal pools and I am putting it on my desktop today to remind me of our great trip. That way the trip lives on long after I return. Don't you just love the colours and the life varieties?

Along the forest trails we encountered many tree 'sculptures'.

These little flowers looked beautiful among the rainwashed greens surrounding them.

This is another shot of the intricate wranglings of the trees when left to their own devices. I am sure there are many weather stories in these gyrations.



Botanical Beach is reached by driving from Victoria west to Port Renfrew and then following the signs to the park. It is well worth the trip, even in the rain. After our hike, the hot chocolate we enjoyed in a little inn back in Port Renfrew really warmed our rain-washed bodies up as we soaked in the local flavour.

No comments: