Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Today, A Little Chuckle

Remember last year's Christmas tree? This year I was adamant that we would have a perfect REPLICA of a Christmas tree, rather than the real thing. You can see why. And you may even remember last year's sad post.

I have, therefore, decided to show you the sequel. First I'll show you a close up of the beautiful branches which look for all the world like fresh ones. Also, notice the brand spanking new tree skirt, first one I've ever bought. (Who says we get staid as we get older?)

And here's the tree itself all gorgeous and wonderful.

So wonderful I've shown a different angle. Ah, Christmas. Never mind that it is way too early.

And, finally, here is one of the tables from our Jewelry Show and Sale last Saturday. Of course you had to be here to see how these all looked up close.

And the connection here? I wanted to do some Christmas decorating for the Jewelry Show and Sale so put up my tree on November 2, a personal record for getting it up early. The strange thing is, we've really been enjoying it. Next week I'll probably put up the rest of the decorations so that we can smile happily until we go to Victoria for our first Christmas with our granddaughter. All sounds so good. Have to go make my list for Christmas cake and carrot pudding ingredients!

2 comments:

Mary said...

Your tree looks like a live one. Is it?

I don't think it's too early to decorate at all. I try to keep to my tradition - first weekend in December; the weekend after Thanksgiving.

Mary

Elaine Cougler Author said...

Hi Mary!
No the tree is a new artificial one, after our foray into live trees last year.
Thanks for commenting.