Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Stratford! What's in a name?

In this case the name Stratford congers Shakespearean visual memories; hence, the requisite picture of the Festival Theatre as it looked when we visited last Saturday. The sun was sinking in the west as we toured one of our favorite summer spots to see what gown it would wear in winter.




Here is a shot across the frozen Avon River of a dad and two kids frolicking in the snow.

As I drove across the bridge to tour the 'other side' of the river, I was stopped by a flock of ducks who waddled towards the car. I jumped out to get a picture, and



as I focused my camera, they moved ever closer. See the fellow in the centre sitting down? He seems to be inviting the others to join him.





Amazingly, they did. All of them found their own comfy spot right on the road in front of cars and plopped comfortably in the sun. That guy in the centre was quite the leader.




I backed up as much as I could and steered around these beautiful birds, but I was glad to have been stopped by them. To close off our delicious day, I tried a shot into the sun of the beautiful Avon. The shine in the distance is echoed in the foreground, an intriguing effect, I thought. See you in the summer, oh shining Stratford!

No comments: