Thursday, February 08, 2007

Three Good Things Today

It seems some of my newly found blog people have already done this but I thought I would change the modus operandi slightly. I have added today since I really don't think I could pick only three good things over all!

1. Last June hubby and I were feted with a 40th anniversary party by our children. Guests were asked not to bring gifts but some did. This picture is of three children who are the recipients of bedkits (pictured in front of the kids) and the middle one was purchased in honour of our anniversary.



We thought this was a fantastic gift and were very happy to revisit our anniversary when last Sunday we received this happy photo showing the kit and three of the recipients with their donors' names on plaques in front of them. Thanks to Sleeping Children Around the World and thanks to Don and Shirley for this thoughtful and loving gift to us and to the child.

2. Having had two annoying tests over the last three months, today I learned that all is well in my innards. I was pretty sure it was but am relieved to have my opinion validated. Yes!

3. Hubby made a great pizza lunch for us and then we went for a drive to Woodstock to get his glasses' prescription filled. That is good in itself because his eyes haven't changed and are still healthy, but the beautiful sun-filled blue sky, dotted with safe, fluffy (not snow) clouds made a great example of pathetic fallacy. (Once an English teacher, always.....) For the uninitiated that is 'nature in tune with people's feelings', and because of 1. and 2. we were definitely feeling sunny.

No comments: