Thursday, February 22, 2007

A Blip of Snow Hits

After two days of above zero temperatures--Celsius--that is, last night was cold enough that we woke to a wonderful bit of snow today. Heading out to the gym at 7:45 I mentioned to hubby that I'd have to take pictures when I got back. Imagine my shock when 55 minutes later we returned and the snow was fast dripping off the trees! I ran for my camera. This first shot shows how lovely the trees look with their fresh white dresses. And you can see the fresh dusting on the walkway beside the old shovelled snow piled beside.


Here is the front view, yet again, and I love how my burnt orange door pops. You can see that the snow came from the south as it is only on that side of the trees. Lake effect, I guess, as we are nestled north of Lake Erie, with Lake Ontario and Lake Huron cuddling our sides.

The side door to our addition--orange, also--missed the snow under the overhang but notice the fence and the trees behind. I love trees, don't you? They soften every landscape and are a photographer's dream. Well, sometimes a nightmare if they fall on your house!


Finally, you can see the pile of old snow on the driveway in front of the door so you know we have had quite a bit this last 4-5 weeks. I must point out, however, that this is getting more and more rare, our own personal global warming measure. The blustery, dense whiteouts beside 10-foot banks of snow are mainly in my childhood, and I really don't miss them. The change of seasons is very welcome, however, and there is nothing, NOTHING like a snowy landscape bathed in sunshine against a backdrop of cerulean blue sky.

No comments: