Friday, April 13, 2007

Rambling Thoughts Today

1. We went to a great workshop last night about marketing on the web and are so glad we did. The presenter was most knowledgeable, took our questions gladly, answered succinctly, and kept to his timelines. In fact this last was maybe a drawback because he was so good we could have gone on for another couple of hours.

2. I am going to tell you how frustrated I get when in public and people are so self-centered they never ask what I am doing. I like to be interested in their things but I would so enjoy having them reciprocate. All of us have a life and would like to be asked. Since retiring I have especially noticed this, an annoying development since I think I'm doing some pretty interesting things. It's like people just assume that once you retire you sit and watch tv all the time!

3. I am thankful for my blog and my blog buddies. We share ourselves for an uplifting experience almost every day. And those comments are highlights. How small we make the world.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, I came across your Blog about Ireland , Lismore. These are the first pictures I have ever seen of my family roots. Moreover, I have information on my family from Lismore before 1800. They are three main families who also had relatives pass on during the famine . Any help you can offer would be wonderful . Thanks COBRA973NJ@AOL.COM

Mo said...

It's the same thing when you're ill. People are always telling me it must be really boring sitting around the house all day. They seem to think I just sit and feel sorry for myself! The great thing about blogging is that you find out so much about other people.

Elaine Cougler Author said...

Hi Patrick and Mo;
Sorry I don't have anything else on beautiful Lismore, Patrick, but thanks for responding to my blog.
And Mo, isn't it great to commiserate? I guess that's the positive spin on all this.
Have a great day!

Beth said...

I don't know, it sounds like you're doing some pretty interesting things to me! All those people should read your blog and then they'd get the 'real' picture! :-)

Anonymous said...

I agree so much with this post Beader Girl - I have noticed the same things - I feel since I am retired that I do a lot of more interesting things now. I also love my blogging group of pals and am so inspired by reading their blog!!