Friday, June 22, 2007

An Hour in the Garden

Look what was waiting for me this morning in our back yard--beautiful day lilies, dappling in the semi-shade of the maples along the side of our yard.


I love this burnt orange one which gives definition to the space.

And we have a lighter orange keeping it company.

Through the magic of photography I've made this one look pink but it isn't really.

And we couldn't talk about the yard without showing the newly painted deck chairs. Way to go, Ron!



I spent an hour weeding and planting 3 or 4 things and I wondered why I don't go out there more often. Oh, I remember! It's usually too hot for much except swimming. Today is a comfortable 20 deg. C. Gotta love it! Hopefully I'll get into the pool for my lengths, a program I enjoy every summer.

5 comments:

Mo said...

These photos have brought a welcome ray of sunshine into a cold, wet summer's evening in Scotland! We had the heating on yesterday.

Mary said...

Beader Girl, I loved this post! Your lilies are beautiful. I want some orange ones. Your adirondack chairs are so pretty - all lined up for a beautiful summer day. If I had a pool, I'd lap, too :o)

KGMom said...

So you made the orange lily pink. . .is that how the chairs got to be different colors too?

Elaine Cougler Author said...

Thanks for your comments, all!
Mo, glad to help. we need some of the wet stuff right now!
Mary, I'm envious of your water pond, so we're even, I guess!
Kgmom, cute, ha, ha. The chairs got to be different colours 'cause Ron saw some from a rented houseboat as we were cruising the Trent-Severn water system in Ontario. He loved them, I wasn't sure but acquiesced and voila!--they're great!

sonia a. mascaro said...

Gorgeous flowers! The color makes it very wonderful! Great photo!

I love so much your deck and the colorful of the chairs! Beautiful!

Thanks for your visiting and nice comment!