Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Inukshuks, Trees and Botanical Beach

Freefalling wondered about Inukshuks so I put in two comparison pictures.


The first is zoomed in so you can see the ship in the channel. The second is closer to the actual size. I also used Wikipedia to find some more info. Click the link above and see more pics and words. These things are usually quite small, maybe a foot tall or less, but the size varies with the rocks available and the ambition of the builder. I have seen them all across this country (Canada) and other places as well.

On Beth's and my walk through Cathedral Grove we saw many forest creations, as though a giant artist had been building strange shapes with the raw material at hand.

In this one Beth was mugging for the camera.

Back at Botanical Bay Beth took this shot of me under the overhang of the giant cliffs.


You can see what kind of a rainy day it was but we still had a wonderful time. This is the last of my posts about my Victoria trip. Time to find new fodder for my hungry blog!

7 comments:

KGMom said...

I love the balancing rocks. What a wonderful place. Makes going for a walk a real treat.

Mary said...

Hi Beader Girl,

Thanks for the tour. And don't worry about "new fodder for your hungry blog". Sometimes new happens every day!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures and what a wonderful place to walk through. Love Beth's mug shot

Anonymous said...

Hi Beader Girl -- you really took a lot of good photos on your trip here! I love these ones.

Elaine Cougler Author said...

Hi All
Glad you liked the shots and especially glad you took the time to touch base. Thanks!

sonia a. mascaro said...

Great pictures! Amazing the rock's photos!

Thanks for your visiting and comment on Clothesline's photos!

Have a nice Sunday!

freefalling said...

Oh Wow - i just saw this post (thanks to dial-up at our country house I don't get to visit you as often as I would like).
Thank you for the link to my blog and thank you for more photos of Inukshuks - I really love them - they are very beautiful - it's amazing I have never heard of them before!
How come they don't fall over?
I went to the link at Wiki - very interesting - I like the Inukshuk on the flag.