Friday, February 20, 2009

Bits and Pieces

This time my title is literal. For Valentine's my husband chose and ordered a wonderful new set of dishes for our home. Oh, he checked to make sure I liked them--I did--and then did all the work. So nice. Until today. We had waited over a week for notification that the package was ready to pick up and yesterday we got that. Last night we were pretty anxious for today to come. Bright and early Ron went to the post office and picked up the two huge boxes, rushed home and opened the first box. This is what we saw.

Four of the dinner plates were badly chipped. I took this picture to include with our e-mail to the company. Of course they will replace them but we'll have to wait again. Grrr. Sometimes it seems nothing is seamless anymore. There always seems to be a catch.

On a brighter note I cleared my old dishes out of the cupboards and loaded in the new (minus the 4 broken plates.) They are lovely. We have started using them already. In the picture below you can see how well they match our counter tops. The whole condo is brighter when they are set out. Maybe I'll feel more like cooking at home now.

Let's see. What would look good on blue/brown plates?

No comments: