Friday, February 20, 2009

Walking the Songhees Walkway

Last week in Victoria Beth and I took a wonderful afternoon walk around the north side of Victoria Harbour on the Songhees Walkway. Beth beat me to the punch blogging about it. If you link to her blog you'll see the pictures are similar. Guess we like some of the same things.

A harbour walk would not be complete without a sea plane taking off or landing.

Here is Beth posing. Looks like Scotland or Ireland here.

This shot shows the cut out to the shipping channel.

More of the same below.

I have no idea what this is but couldn't resist a picture. Maybe I should hold a contest to see who comes up with the best caption for it.The Canada geese lazed about in the semi sunshine.

Beth took this shot of me posing in front of one of the stunning arbutus trees you find in BC.

I love the way the light plays on the water above and below.

Yet another arbutus. It is impossible to shoot a bad angled picture on this walk.

Oh to be ten again and climb up to rest in the crook of this tree!

Or lean over this fence to look at the rocks below. Aren't the clouds cool?

I never tire of visiting Victoria and the lovely scenery there. Of course snuggling with Chelsea is fun, too.




1 comment:

Beth said...

Nice shots! Glad you never tire of visiting Victoria. :-)