Sunday, August 27, 2006

Beader Girl Goes Hot Pink!

Yup! That's right! If you have read my blog before you may notice the change in format. That white background was just too boring and now that I've made my way around the blogger website, help menus and my own section of it, as well as dabbling in HTML, I've decided to juice up the Beader Girl page. Hot pink! You go, girl!

This morning I spent two hours in the kitchen preparing a scrumptious dinner for company tonight. Tomorrow is my daughter-in-law's first day back to chiropractic classes so we are entertaining them tonight as an end to the summer, so to speak. The day is pretty rainy and sultry feeling so I am glad I planned not to barbecue, but to use the oven and eat in. This way, if the weather changes before tonight, we can always eat out but we are not dependent on the barbecue. Besides, hubby has been having some challenges with it this week; better to be safe than sorry--well, faced with raw meat at the picnic!

What are we having for dinner, you ask? We're having a mouth-watering Tuscan Bread Salad that is so good I could eat the whole bowl of a large English cucumber, half a giant white onion, 6 tomatoes and most of a stick of delicious flavored French bread, all drenched with yummy spices, oil, and garlic. Oooh, my mouth is watering.
Also we're having fresh sweet corn from the farmer five minutes away, chicken thighs and breasts, covered with Italian crumbs, fat-free mayo and Parmesan, and a homemade peach pie. Yes, this is the season for fresh fruits and veggies and I love to make the most of it. I try to keep it light by substituting with Splenda and low-fat products, but sometimes you just have to dive into the pie. This is the day for my one peach pie of the year.

I guess, therefore, you could say this is my day to celebrate with vibrancy: the new blog look and the succulent salad and peach pie. Hope your day is as flavorful as mine!

No comments: