Tuesday, August 15, 2006

You go, girl!

This one today is for Barb. So who's that, you say? She and I go way back to university residence where we were 'john' mates. (That means our two rooms shared a bathroom stuck between us.) What great times the four of us had for that first year together!

Anyhow, Barb tells me she is moving, that she has built a new house in a new town, half way between where her mother lives and where her daughter lives. I am flabbergasted! (That means all my flab is standing on end in amazement!) Hubby and I have talked about relocating but hate to give up the wonderful friends, family, etc. etc. etc. that we have here. Yet here is Barb, widowed a few years ago, and she takes the gutsy move to a new place. Hats off to you, Barb.

In the early part of our lives together we moved quite often, every two or three years, and learned one major lesson: when you move to a new place, you need them much more than they need you, so you had better get out and join all you can to make new friends. Of course, hubby had grown up moving every few years, being the son of a banker, so he knew this lesson already. Like Barb, I had always lived in the same place, meaning I had to change.

Well, I did and loved meeting the new people everywhere we went for those years. I know Barb will do well as she is such a friendly person who loves to do things, to be out and about, to take part in all that's happening. Barb, you go, girl!

No comments: