Monday, August 14, 2006

Still Waiting?

My niece showed me a great story on Saturday. Yes, that's right, showed me. As we were walking back to the parking lot after the Wonderful Wacky Wedding we all attended, she showed me, in the distance, her van. I still didn't get it.

"Mom was sitting on the passenger side and I was driving. When we were nicely sitting in our chairs down by the river, waiting patiently for the wedding to start, Mom asked if I had locked the van. She was worried about something she had left in it," Tracy patiently explained.

I took another look at the van. The sliding door on the right side was wide open! Tracy's mom had not even closed the door, let alone locked it.

How often do we get somewhere and wonder if we have turned off the stove, locked the car, closed the windows against the rain, and a million other things? We just don't seem to be able to remember those things we do repetitively. Hubby and I have a system with the car. When he's driving, he locks it. When I'm driving I lock it. Yet still we get a block away and can't remember doing it. Grrr!

The worst is getting away on vacation and wondering about the house back home. Strangely, I am sure we have never left our house open or in jeopardy from the stove being on or something of the like, but still we wonder. Why is that?

Okay, this is the point where I come up with a great pearl of wisdom and you all say, "Aha! Isn't she clever?" ................still waiting? ........................... nothing yet..................mmmm...........

Well, I think I'll go and check to see if I left the water running in the pool.

No comments: