Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Goodbye to Hilton

In this final post on Hilton Head, I take you again to Sea Pines Forest Preserve, where I had just commented to my husband that this trail would be wonderful for horses, when we turned to see this couple on horseback coming towards us. Talk about serendipity! I took several pictures as they came and went, all the while loving the framing quality of the trees around them.


Which of these views do you like?

Amazingly there were interesting birds all through the swampy area and I managed to catch this one resting. We think it is an egret but are not sure.


For a final shot I give you my favorite ocean sunset picture. The waning rays of pink sunlight and blue sky make this picture a keeper; happily, we saw this scene almost every evening.


I've enjoyed reliving my trip by writing about these pictures and hope my dear readers have, too. Arrivederci.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beader Girl, I've love your photo's of Sea Pines. My wife and I own a rental house in Sea Pines and will be down for next month vacationing. Your photo's make us want to go today. thanks andyi05@aol.com

Elaine Cougler Author said...

Thanks, Andy, for your comments. I know you'll enjoy revisiting this great area.

Mo said...

The trees make a lovely background to the horses. All that lovely greenery. Nice photos - a breath of fresh air.