Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Hilton Head South Carolina

These seagulls have the best place to live and do their work--right by the ocean. I know there are millions of the things but they still draw me to watch their antics as they peck about in the sand looking for something wonderful the sea might have brought in, sort of like we do.





Here's a different angle, making the shot so much more blue. Don't you love the performing seagulls?





One evening just before dark we walked the beach looking for that perfect sunset picture. Our friends took this one of us and I quite like it with the orange glow in the distance.





This is a favorite spot at our timeshare. The gently curving walkway is lined with swings facing the ocean where we can sit and gaze an afternoon away.



Of course, sometimes people just sleep!

We saw several alligators while in Sea Pines Forest Preserve (see yesterday's post) and I was amazed by this big fellow sunning himself on a lawn on the other side of the river from us, while mere feet away a man was cutting his grass with a riding lawnmower. Neither seemed concerned about the other.


I think this alligator was about 7-8 feet long, similar to the ones hubby saw while golfing. He followed his golf ball over to a creek and was just about to step closer when he heard a splash. Looking up he saw an alligator head come up out of the water, and he realized he had disturbed the fellow, causing it to dive into the water. Hard to know who was more scared. People there take these things for granted but we're just not used to them. And come to think of it, I'm okay with that!


2 comments:

Sara said...

Lovely post, nice photos. I love the one of you with your husband. It made me want to sigh contendedly :-)

Elaine Cougler Author said...

Thanks, Sara. That is the photo I wondered if I should use on the Internet, for privacy reasons, but I am glad I put it in. Here's to sighing contentedly!