Thursday, March 22, 2007

I'm Travellin'

Hello to my fellow bloggers out there. What do you do when you're away from home burning to blog and all you have is a laptop with its limiting keyboard? Well, what I've done is nothing. Although I am normally a pretty good typist and a bit of an anal speller, working on this machine makes me crazy; hence, publishing this with no errors is going to be very annoying but I'll persevere.

The funniest thing on our first day out was crossing the border into the US at Detroit. As I maneuvered into line waiting for our turn, we noticed the car just ahead in a line beside us. A woman jumped out of the car--very unusual--and proceeded to run after money blowing in the wind. Oh, and there were two passports blowing away, too! Imagine the stress. There she was reaching under her car to retrieve one passport, the other cars all around moving on, then she was chasing a $100 bill which she never did get. I would have been pretty freaked, I think.

Anyhow, we just got over that and the car in front of us stopped dead, the driver jumped out and retrieved a gallon jug of something and then opened his hood and added it to the engine. Meanwhile the line was moving on and we were stuck momentarily behind this guy. Crazy!
In no time, however, we were back on track, through the border with no hassle, and on our way to the sunny south.

We're having a great time but, as always, getting home will have its joys, too. See you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have fun beadergirl -- good time to get away for some sun!!! Sounds like you had some excitement already!!!

Elaine Cougler Author said...

Thanks, ocean. tomorrow we start the 2-day trek home. good and bad. love to travel, but love my home. next week I'll be much more prolific!