Thursday, March 08, 2007

Things I've Learned About Myself

I just had to write this because I've realized how excited I get when people praise my writing. Sister-in-law Sue made my day when she responded to my Books blog. I didn't really know she was a reader and she didn't know that about me, either. Imagine our surprise to find we have similar reading tastes.
Of course my Shades of Bliss daughter is always complimentary and we both enjoy exploring each other's blog ferreting out things neither of us knew about the other. Blogging is such an intimate thing in that way, and intimacy is often hard to sustain face to face. It's like sending a lovely card or letter to a friend and expressing your sadness at their loss, your elation at their successes or your happiness wishes for their milestones in life--words in a card are often more substantial than the spoken variety and certainly last longer.
When I open up other bloggers' comments, such as Ocean's, I feel my eyes open wide, that bright 'Oh, my God, she's talking about me!' elation just lifts me in my chair, and I hungrily read on, so happy to be noticed. Thank you, Ocean. (Aren't her pictures wonderfully enticing?)
What does all of this mean? It means I love blogging. It means I want to write even more. It means I am hungry to share with others and if that makes me a little obnoxious I'm sure my readers will tell me. In the meantime, I've learned that my love of writing grows with every positive comment and I blog on, anxious to connect with the world.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Beader Girl - I get so excited when someone mentions my blog - and I turned on my links because I did not know what it was - how nice I see a link to you!!! This is fun.We are all growing and learning and connecting together. I read your thoughts every day and always I find we are all so similar and that is so comforting.

Elaine Cougler Author said...

Thanks, Ocean! How incomparable it is to find friends all over the blog world! Hey, maybe that's a topic for blogging?