Friday, March 02, 2007

Spring is Running Today

Today I give you my window view at a different angle because I liked the little stream shining in the sunlight on our flat roof. As the melting ice becomes a stream, water meanders over to the drain and I can smell spring in the wet air of my open window.


Another angle shot shows the icicles on the edge of the roof but what you can't really see is the stream of rushing drops as they melt. It's like a series of taps dripping off the roof. Very cool.


Finally I give you a straight-on view, half filtered by the screen but you can still see the icicles shining in the sun and the wonderful blue sky background. One of the best things about winter is the break it gives us from hot sun, so when the thaws come--and they will almost every day now--my heart leaps with excitement. I'm ready for spring, summer and fall!


Oh, I know today there is bad news of ice storms, trees down, electricity off and tornadoes dotting the south but here, just here in my own little space, heaven is in the glimmer of a shining dripping icicle. Glass half full!

No comments: