Monday, March 05, 2007

Bad Computer, Good Day!

Yesterday I did a bad computer thing. I knew I shouldn't have done it and I knew I would get punished but I did it anyway. Well, I didn't do it on purpose but the results were bad anyhow. My computer guru son was here and we were discussing how I could optimize my system (which is getting old) and he left me to remove and reinstall MSN Messenger to solve a problem. I removed it all right. And I inadvertently wiped out Internet Explorer and a bunch of other things. I reinstalled MSN Mess. from the Internet but all I could get was version 4.5 or something when I am used to the latest version with all its bells and whistles. Bummer.

So why didn't I just reinstall the missing things? The guru has my Windows XP CD so I had to get him back over here. Long story short, my machine has issues and this morning he took it back to his shop to reformat. We'll go from there. Meanwhile hubby is at work so I'll blog on his machine. I can't give up my habit, you know!

It's a cold day here but the sun is shining and the sky is blue so I am happy. (Well, as happy as I can be without my computer!) I've been to the gym, spent an hour preparing and cooking fresh cauliflower soup and Greek salad, cutting up a wonderful pineapple and tidying up my kitchen. I love having great food waiting for me at mealtime and my new resolution is to do this every day so that I don't succumb to bad food choices later on in the day when my energy is much lower.

For the rest of my day I'll be proofing two projects: one, a Classroom Puzzler that is ready to publish, and two, my second book of memoirs from the time I met and married my husband to the years when our children were young. I love doing both of these projects so won't miss my computer too much..............

No comments: