Monday, March 26, 2007

We're Back, and We've Got Pictures!

After a ten-day driving trip to Hilton Head, South Carolina, we're back to a Monday of reality catching up. Never mind, I'll sink my thoughts into the great times these pictures evoke for me, and perhaps you can, too!

On the beach at Marriott's Grande Ocean I caught a few good pics. Here is what draws us back again and again.


Of course, the beach at sunset is a requisite view. The pinks and blues mesh so well, their softness belying the sheer strength of the ocean expanse.

At Sea Pines Forest Preserve, a natural treasure trove of alligators, turtles, bogs, and verdant walking trails, I captured these gorgeous turtles playing 'walk the log' in the soft sunlight over the pond.


And on the beach once again, my great husband, tolerating my request to run into the seagulls and make them fly, produced this group flight for me to preserve with a picture.

Back in Sea Pines again, I caught this beautiful bog, aptly named Boggy Gut and so substantial it looks like you could walk on it--but don't--and it brought to mind a painting I did several years ago from another snapshot on our trip to this same place.


What a wonderful place Hilton Head Island is!

2 comments:

Mary said...

I do love the pink evening skies of winter and spring.

Elaine Cougler Author said...

Hey Mary! I just did a blowup of your picture and realized you're holding a hawk or falcon or something. How cool!